How We Care
Ensuring that our residents enjoy their best quality of life. Every Single Day.
Care is at the heart of everything we do, and our extensive care services available on site, ensure that you never have to leave on Auria community, no matter how your care needs may change over time. Whether you need just a little help to make daily life smoother, or more extensive support, you can be assured of receiving the care you need, in a physically, emotionally and socially reassuring environment.
As a resident in an Auria Senior Living community, your care needs are assessed regularly. Any changes in your requirements are catered for on-site, and our personalised care plans are tailored to meet your needs and preferences. Our range of services includes on site assisted living and frail care, dementia care, and home-based care – all provided by our compassionate, dedicated, and highly qualified team. It is this continuum of care that affords peace of mind for our residents.
We understand and support your desire to remain as independent as possible for as long as possible. If home-based care is an appropriate option for you, all your care needs will be met within the comfort of your residence, with your specific preferences accommodated wherever feasible.
Assisted Living & Frail Care
We provide a daily care plan that includes assistance with medication, bathing and dressing, escorting you to meals and/or activities, domestic services, and coordination with external healthcare practitioners.
Our team provides expert care, safety and support to residents experiencing cognitive and physical changes as a result of dementia. The serene environment with specialised features is designed to ensure comfort, security and wellbeing. Stimulating daily activities, personal attention, empathy and respect underpin everything we do.
Always There For You
As our residents health circumstances may change over time, or at any time, we are always on hand to provide advice and support in making decisions regarding assistance and care. We believe that the quality of care has a significant impact on quality of life, and it is the provision of quality care.
Our Care Principles
Our residents and their families choose how they want to live and we will support them with the care, advice and assistance they need. Our Four Care Principles help us deliver on our mission. The Principles are the way we reach, and nurture, the human spirit – through meaningful connections with the world.
1. We offer a continuum of care in a safe and loving environment:
- We provide advice and support to residents and their families pertaining to decisions concerning their care and well-being.
- We are attentive and responsive to our residents’ needs, and are aware that these may change over time, or at any time.
- We strive to improve the quality of care to all our residents by following and implementing international best practices, and continuously training and upskilling our team of care-givers.
- We provide the best possible care at all times.
2. We promote purposeful engagement and well-being:
- We acknowledge each resident as an individual, with specific needs and preferences.
- We encourage residents to participate in decision-making and we offer our residents choice, wherever possible.
- We encourage community integration, volunteering, and support groups.
- We offer our residents meaningful and engaging activities.
3. We recognise the value of friends, family and community in the Senior Living journey:
- We have an open-door policy for all residents, staff and relatives.
- We welcome families and friends to visit and spend time with us.
- We are an integrated part of San Sereno and the broader communities.
4. We treat each other with kindness and respect:
- We promote and protect the rights of the elderly.
- We acknowledge and respect cultural diversity.
- We lead by example.